Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pinhole Photography

For an after school activity in block 2 I have chosen Pinhole Photography. My goal is to cover some more time in the Creativity part of CAS.
So far I've learned how to create photographs using a pinhole camera, and I've created couple of examples from which this one is the best.
First, I need a can with a very small hole on it (about 2-3mm) and a black cover for the hole. Also, the inside of the can where the photo paper is put should be black. Then, I put the camera on the place that I want to take picture of, and open the hole for a minute or two, dependable of the amount of light in the room, and how big the hole is.
Apart from taking pictures, we have learned how to develop our photographs. In the dark room I put the photo paper in 3 different chemicals until it's developed. After that the photography is left drying.
Yesterday also, we went to the Computer Lab and scanned and photoshoped our photographs, inverted it, flip it and change the contrast. In the end they came out to look very good, regarding the fact that this is the first time I've done this.
With this I have undertaken new challenges and developed new skills, because these are things that I haven't done before.
Picture of me with a Pinhole camera

No comments:

Post a Comment