Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SAISA Art

From 2nd to 6th December 7 people from OSC went to Kathmandu, Nepal in order to participate in SAISA Art 2010 together with students from many other schools. Our flight was scheduled for early morning on Thursday, and on the way to Kathmandu we stop in Delhi where we had an hour free time. After the arrival in Kathmandu, we went to our host families and we spent the first couple of days there, and we spent the last night in a hotel. During that time I made 2 pieces of work, one of which with acrylic colours, charcoal and a marker and the other one with charcoal, ink and marker. On the first piece I worked collaboratively with other students which helped me improve my collaborative skills. And with participating in everything that was happening I also showed perseverance and commitment in my activities. On the second piece I worked individually and experimented with different kind of paper and different medias. With this I undertook new challenges, because I haven't tried working like this before. Also , I've increased my awareness of my own strengths and areas for growth because I saw that I am good in working with charcoal but not as skillful in working with acrylic colours.


Overall, it was a good experience and I had a nice time.
 OSC SAISA Art group 2010
SAISA Art students in Bakhtrapur, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment