Monday, November 1, 2010

Football

Saturday, 3:40 PM.
That's what I am waiting for the whole week - Football.
I have been playing football for long time now, since I have started going to school, and I don't think I'll ever get bored from it. I joined the group as soon as I found out about it, and I've been going to trainings every Saturday unless I'm not in Colombo. In the group there are a lot of people, from different ages, both boys and girls but that doesn't make any difference whatsoever. We play for 2 to 3 hours every training and sometimes it's hard because of the hot weather, or sometimes the pitch is bad because of rain. But that's good - if it wasn't hard it wouldn't be interesting. (:
Anyway I haven't been on a training for 3 weeks now, I have a leg injury sustained guess where... football. Well, football is a rough sport and this is normal, so I am not complaining. If nothing else, this will remind me to wear my shin guards next time. With football I am fulfilling my Action part of CAS, as I am running and sweating, and I am completing my goals of training hard and getting my body in better shape.
The football games include working collaboratively with others, and it also increases my awareness of my strenghts and areas for growth.


And, another thing regarding the other sport I started this block - swimming, I was obliged to quit because of medical problems that I have already suffered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment