Monday, October 31, 2011

Sports Day 2011!

On the 7th of September in the Overseas School of Colombo there was a Sports Day! There were many sport activities including volleyball, football, basketball and kickball games. Due to a shoulder injury I sustained during football practice a couple of days before, I couldn't participate in every game but I did as mush as I could. First, I played two volleyball games, followed by 3 football games. After the lunch break there were kickball games and I participated in every game my (yellow) house participated in. With this, I have contributed to the action part of CAS. By participating in these games I have increased my awareness of my own strengths and areas for growth, and I have realized that I am not as physically fit as I should be, but that my technical skills are good in both volleyball and football. However, in kickball I realize that I have a strong shot but I need to improve my skills of striking the ball in the right direction. As all of these are team sports I have worked collaboratively with others on the field and in the gym. Also I have considered the ethical implications of my actions by getting off the team in order for other people to be part of the games, not taking under consideration the difference in our skill level.

No comments:

Post a Comment